There are always those few things in life that take you back to your childhood, and more often than not, it’s food.
Sausages on toast was one of them. The real special touch was that sausages were sautéed with onions and bell peppers.
Here’s the simple recipe.
- 2 sausages
- half a small onion
- half of a bell pepper
- 3/4-1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-2 tablespoons ketchup
- a touch of black pepper (optional)
- Cut sausages diagonally or horizontally.
- Place vegetable oil, onion and pepper in a saucepan at medium heat
- Sautée till onions become translucent
- Add sausages, ketchup and black pepper (optional)
- Mix thoroughly for 3-4 minutes
I usually serve on sourdough toast with soft scrambled eggs. You can make it your own. It’s simple, and every bite is delicious.
What food takes you back to your childhood?