Weekends are for baking in my house and one thing I always have an excess of, is ripe bananas. Once they get to overripe, it’s banana bread time and we all love banana bread in our house. This is one baked good that never goes to waste. We make them into muffins or a full loaf.
This is the only recipe i use when making banana bread. I got this banana bread recipe from Allrecipes.com and I make occasional tweaks which I will include.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Top with rolled oats.
- For a loaf bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- For muffins, the batter can make 12 to 16 muffins. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
(Photo by Natalie/Super Healthy Kids)